TravelersAdda.com • View topic - Digha – A Holiday Beach on Bay of Bengal

Digha – A Holiday Beach on Bay of Bengal

Share your Travelogues here.

Digha – A Holiday Beach on Bay of Bengal

Postby suryajit » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:54 pm

A very common place to Bengalis, a lovely place to enjoy sea beach with crazy crowed, a place to find lovely sea foods and cheap and easy accommodations and to enjoy a weekend from nearby places like Kolkata - Digha. Around 200 kilometers from Kolkata, Digha is faced to Bay of Bengal.

I and my wife Swatilekha started at morning from Bhadreswar on a Local train to Howrah, from where we had reserved two seats in the “Howrah-Digha-Duronto” express to Digha. As compared to other trains fare or private car fare, Duronto is much more expansive and this is why you will almost always find seats available in that train. Reserved two seats just a day before the trip which was started on Saturday 5-March, 2011 in the morning as till then it was supposed to be a road trip on my bike, me and my wife was only passengers in that coach. We were provided with good lunch in the train and the distribution of foods was started from our coach. It was giving us a feeling of being exclusive. The journey took around 3 hours.

After reaching Digha, we took a Rickshaw that was actually helping us to find a hotel of our choice. They may charge INR 10 or INR 20 extra for this and they will definitely charge the hotel for this. Finally we find a new hotel New Hotel Classic Inn, near sea beach. We were again lucky enough to be the first guest in that room. The hotel is beautiful, clean as it was new and the hospitality was good. So we must give 4 out of 5. They charged INR 800/day for Non-AC room and another INR 400 for extra 2 hours :( .

The beauty was during the sunrise which was enjoyed by a huge crowed, cannot be expressed in words. We enjoyed the beach almost all the time. We also did some shopping on the beach and eat good foods on the beach side – well only the taste was good.

On Sunday, at 3:35 pm we started journey to back home on the same train but not alone this time. This time a little food was provided which actually may not enough to keep your appetite happy. So keeping something with you will be advisable. Reached Howrah by little before 7 in the evening, again get a Local train to get back to Home Sweet Home.
suryajit
Site Admin

Return to Your Trips