TravelersAdda.com • View topic - Bhutan – Jaldapara Trip

Bhutan – Jaldapara Trip

Share your Travelogues here.

Bhutan – Jaldapara Trip

Postby suryajit » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:20 pm

I’m writing this travelogue after a long time past the trip. So it may happen that I missed few things to mention. Also I’m not a very good writer or any author hence any mistake is regretted.

It was a long time since we were planning for a road trip to Bhutan, for riding on our Bike, two Bikes four Riders, as the roads are ideal for riding. But unfortunately due to the cancelation of companions we had to change our minds at 11th hour. Anyway, the trip was executed; however I was upset a lot.

Day 1:
The plan was to carry the bikes on train up to New Alipurduar. So we had the reservations made. We catch our train “TistaTorsa Express” from Bandel Junction which is nearby our place Bhadreswar. The interesting part was that we were carrying our luggage on the Saddle Bags.

Day 2:
After reaching New Alipurduar, on the same day, we started for Phuentsholing – India Bhutan Border. For this we catch a hardly available train from New Alipurduar to Hasimara. There was a lot to see. Beauty of Tea Gardens and Lush Green Jungles around Buxa and Raja Bhat Khawa will make you lost in it. The nature can be viewed at its extreme there. From Hasimara we took an on Auto Rickshaw to Phuentsholing. The fare of Auto Rickshaw was INR 20/head. After reaching Phuentsholing, we had to get the permit from there. However this could be done from Bhutan House in Kolkata (Dum Dum area) also. We were roaming here and there at Phuentsholing. We stayed that night at Hotel Kuenga. The fare was INR 650 not including the food. We were carrying enough fast food with us.

Day 3:
Next morning we started for Thimphu on a Share-Taxi which charged us INR 200. It was a 6 hours beautiful journey through the valleys of Himalayas. At the end of that ride we were a little tired. It was quite cold there. We were looking for a hotel and I and Swati alternatively visiting the hotel receptions. Finally we found a nice reasonable hotel – Hotel Thimphu.

Day 4:
In Thimphu we roam slowly with a walk for entire day. Visiting malls, shops, restaurants , national stadium watching their national game – Archery and decorating the stadium for International Compitition. We also enjoying different foods there, waking aside the Chuu River. Next day’s plan was to Paro – one of the most beautiful valley in Bhutan.

Day 5:
Early in the morning we hired a private car for Paro with INR 1200. Paro is a beautiful valley, crop fields and vegetables and Apple gardens are beautiful attraction. The Airport at Paro is another key attraction there. The road was blocked during takeoff. It’s a beautiful experience watching this. We enjoyed the food in a restaurant there with the cabby. The restaurant was beautiful and the food was really tasty :) . From there we went for Paro sightseeing and visited Tiger’s Nest which is a Monastery on almost straight mountain wall. Again the day ended with lovely experience.

Day 6:
We hired a taxi for sightseeing around Thimphu. It charged us INR 300 for entire Thimphu. We are lucky to get huge discounts as elections in West Bengal were on, leading a crisis of visitors around. The day ended with lots of memories in mind. Rest of the time we were busy with the foods in restaurants and shopping there.

It was really beautiful experience visiting Bhutan. Even after this quite a long time, while writing travelogue I can feel the beautiful experience. Swati’s company was making the trip even more interesting with her hundreds of questions. I was answering some and asking peoples for answering some of them. A plan was also made for Punakha which we changed for future trip on Bike. ;)

Day 7:
Early in the morning we started following our new plan, back to New Alipurduar and visit Jaldapara. Travelling continued entire day. We were stuck on roads twice due to landslide. Around 3 pm we reached Phuentsholing. No stay there – we continued to Hasimara and back to New Alipurduar by around 6:30 pm. We stayed at a very nice hotel – Hotel Sinchula. Took our dinner there and a deep sound sleep :).

Day 8:
Next day we visited Jaldapara Wild Life Sanctuary and khoirabari. It was giving an entirely different pleasure and peace. One can feel the difference of not seeing anyone but being watched by thousands of eyes in Jungle like Jaldapara. Swati was fortunate enough to see a beautiful Yellow Snake and a Bison, while I was giving her company in watching Monkey, Peacock and some other beautiful birds.

Day 9:
Time to visit Home-Sweet-Home, we started return journey from New Alipurduar after having lunch. It is strictly advisable to pack enough food for evening and night from New Alipurduar as the meal provided by the Railway and the foods available at Siliguri is simply non edible – worst food I ever have.
We ended the trip at Bandel station in early in the morning next day. This is how we successfully ended an unplanned trip with runtime planning.
suryajit
Site Admin

Re: Bhutan – Jaldapara Trip

Postby avik » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:44 pm

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o Asadharon chobi to sob!!!!!!!!!!!
avik
Global Moderator

Postby suryajit » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:37 pm

Thanks AvikDa... :)
Learning from seniors :)
suryajit
Site Admin

Postby Ashoksh » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:35 pm

yaar suryo
yrs third eye is working great.
best of luck & waiting for more amazing clicks from u...
Ashok Sharma
Ashoksh

Postby suryajit » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:16 pm

Thanks Ashok Bhai :)
suryajit
Site Admin

Return to Your Trips