TravelersAdda.com • View topic - Mandarmani - As a funny weekend trip

Mandarmani - As a funny weekend trip

Share your Travelogues here.

Mandarmani - As a funny weekend trip

Postby suryajit » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:08 pm

December 17, 2011 old friends were gathered again, this time for a trip, short weekend trip to Mandarmani. The plan was made within a short period of time and was decided to make is happen on a car. Swatilekha, Subhro, Rajshakher and I, started it on Subhro's Huandai i20. We started around 1 pm from Bali. Through Howrah we entered Midnapur at Kolaghat. It was NH6 in its usual mood, smooth and clear. At Kolaghat we took some light food at Sheer E Punjab, a very nice restaurant. Grind from Kolaghat we too left to Nandakumar. We pick Rajshekhar (Raj) from Nandakumar since he was there to join a wedding party. While we were waiting for Raj, we were badly surrounded by beggars and the blunder we made after giving penny. He was supposed to bring some food for us which he couldn't make. Slowly moving towards destination, finally we reached Mandarmani by 5 in evening.

The resort we stayed at was J P Resort, a good luxury arrangement along with swimming pool. They have their own restaurant and room service which is a bit expansive but quite good. Security was also good there.

Next early morning we woke up and went for a drive on beach. New thing is that there we found an Adventure Club guys who basically rent their ATVs and water scooters. I hired one 200cc machine made by Adventure Wheels. This ride makes my Mandarmani trip as special as the experience of riding the same was.

After having breakfast at beach itself at Maury Hotel we moved back towards our hotel. At first we were planning to go to beach again to take a bath. But, Raj forced us to go to pool first. I and Subhro wasn't in a mood to get into the pool because of chilling water. Bit again it was Raj who brainwashed me after Subhro. Swati was shooting us with Subhro's camera.

After the bath at pool, we all were done and having dry cloths, suddenly I saw Subhro in the pool again with all the clothes, this time pushed by Raj. The bad thing was Subhro can't swim while we were pushed in the deepest section of the pool and the good thing was we all were at reach of Subhro.

We moved towards beach then for bath. Swati missed both, swimming in the pool and the beach. In the meantime, we had some fish at Maity Hotel. We enjoyed a lot there. Then we back to hotel room and ordered lunch. We start our return journey by 4 in the evening. We took halts at Sheer E Panjab for tea and finally we back to our meeting point Bali by 7:45 pm. It took an hour more to reach home for all of us. And we ended, happily our first ever trip with College friends - AOT friends.
suryajit
Site Admin

Return to Your Trips