TravelersAdda.com • View topic - Gadiara Road Trip - First ride with Avik

Gadiara Road Trip - First ride with Avik

Share your rides, bike trips etc here.

Gadiara Road Trip - First ride with Avik

Postby suryajit » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:32 pm

It was Saturday 20th Jan 2010, 9:00 Pm when we haven’t decided where to go for the next road trip on Sunday. It was Avik, a new guy to me, who suggested having a small trip on the weekend. Before this we had few conversations on phone with each but never went on a ride together. I was completely confused whether to make a sudden trip or not. It was again Avik who told me to not to end up with “BIG-PROPER PLANNING”. I said let’s do it and suggested for Gadiara. It’s a small village in Howrah district (West Bengal). After a short R&D on the Gadiara; “Let’s go to Gadiara…” said Avik.

24th Jan 2010, cold foggy morning, we started the trip. We were planned to meet at Dakshineswar by 6 Am. I was chilling and I started from my place (Bhadreswar) to Dakshineswar at 5:15 Am. On other side Avik started from Baguihati area at 5:35 Am. We met there at about 6:30 Am, half an hour delay from scheduled time. I was late because of a Railway Crossing on the G.T. Road. It was my first trip, where I was not alone.

Avik has some experience in group riding before, we decided that Avik will take the lead, and I’ll be following him. Around 7:00 am on NH6 we took a 15 minutes halt for Tea, as I was chilling out. We started our photography session (Avik with big machine, Canon EOS 450D and I had Canon A 720 IS). After a small photo session and having a cup of hot Tea, Avik put some newspaper within my jackets and we started again. Thanks Avik.

After around 34 km, we took left from NH6 at Uluberia and entered a really bad road. It was like a way to hell reaching heaven. That road was really long and the road condition makes it longer. Gadiara was around 40 more kilometers from NH6. It was 58 No. Gate, we make a stop for 20 minutes for breakfast. Then we started again. We were supposed to be there earlier, but due to the road condition we were could not make it faster. Finally reach Gadiara by around 9:50 am. It was beautiful. Gadiara is at the Confluence of River Rupnarayan and River Hooghly, resulting in a wide opening.

There we did some photography, enjoyed biking here and there. Then we started our return journey. Return was quicker unless I made a mistake and took a wrong way, while Avik was coming behind. Everything was fine except killing around 25 minutes in Uluberia Railway Crossing.

It was really a small trip but it was really good. I had some theoretical knowledge about group riding while Avik is experienced and I was trying to provide my best to this 200 km trip. It was very comfortable, riding with Avik; a good Biker and Photographer. This trip was a warm-up process and all about; Bikes, Camera and Action...
suryajit
Site Admin

Re: Gadiara Road Trip - First ride with Avik

Postby manojit.pati » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:46 pm

Definitely a nice place for weekend trip.

Thanks Surya for highlighting these places. A great job !!! And, really I mean it.
manojit.pati
Global Moderator

Postby avik » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:39 pm

Awesome sala!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: what a trip by two virgin riders on their virgin rides to a not so virgin place called Gadiara....
avik
Global Moderator

Postby suryajit » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:59 pm

@ ManojitDa
Thanks for you words :)
But As far I remember you also suggested this place before that trip.

@AvikDa
Partially true :)
The main attraction that day was your 450D ;)
suryajit
Site Admin

Return to Your Rides