TravelersAdda.com • View topic - Kolkata - Durgapur: My first road trip.

Kolkata - Durgapur: My first road trip.

Share your rides, bike trips etc here.

Kolkata - Durgapur: My first road trip.

Postby suryajit » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:15 pm

It’s about my small trip log and I don’t know how to write an attractive article so its all I have…

December 25, 2009, I started a small road trip to Durgapur. It was a sudden plan made on 24th night when coming back to home from office (Saltlake). I was looking for few responses from xKmphians (Kolkata) – my biking club, to create a bigger trip. Anyways, it was what I could make for myself alone, sorry with my FZ16 off course.

I started the journey at 11:15 am, 1 hour 45 minutes delay from the scheduled time which was 9 am. It was almost 200 km from my heaven (home). I planned to go with the popular Durgapur Express Way (NH2). To be on NH2 I need to travel 28 km from my home. Cold wind was showing its power to resist anything, but it was a bit kind for me after riding 15 minutes. After 25 minutes I reach NH2, the black carpet was waiting for me. I took a little tea break there. In the mean time I was thinking whether to go there or not, as I was alone and I’m also running almost 2 hours late. But the highway calls, you know? OH, WHAT A ROAD!!!

After going 4 more km, I stop for refueling at HP petrol pump. When the service guy was refilling, I was busy with my camera. I was looking for some air check but unfortunately it they didn’t have the pump there. I checked my air at home before leaving, but it was like it was overdose, I think I should check my air pressure gauge at home. After 10 more km I found another HP Pump where I was able to arrange some air check. Then I started, running my bike at a speed between 75 to 85 km/h. I stopped on several occasions when I need to take some snaps. I was desperately looking to be in Durgapur. It was really a long trip for me. It was around 12 when I saw a signboard directing towards Memari Rly Stn. It was around 12:30 I was at Saktigarh, having some tea. After few more minutes it was Bardhaman, known to me, as I was there before through the same road. Then the signboard starts showing the distance to Panagarh. Bardhaman was the only place from where I could turn again to back to home. After that if I turn then it must called an incomplete journey. I keep continuing.

Around 2:15 I was at Panagarh, a base for Indian Army. Durgapur was still 25 km from there. Finally, at 3 pm I managed to be there at Durgapur (Near City Centre). I refilled tank again and took some pictures as proof of my journey. I also arrange a guy on a HH Glamour, waiting for their friends, to take my pictures. Then I started my return journey.

I knew that it’ll be colder with the sunset. On return trip, I stop on several places, as my back started paining, need to do some phone calls, for some photography. It was deadly cold and my gloves were not helping me out. I stop bike and started rubbing my hand to heat them. I was at home by 5:45 pm.

Whatever it was, friends it was wonderful. I cannot express all my feelings and the sights that I saw on X-Mas. It was really lovely.
suryajit
Site Admin

Return to Your Rides