TravelersAdda.com • View topic - Kolkata - Garbeta Gangani

Kolkata - Garbeta Gangani

Share your rides, bike trips etc here.

Kolkata - Garbeta Gangani

Postby suryajit » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:43 am

April 4th 2010, once again I started rolling towards Garbeta – 180 km from Kolkata. I was not alone this time with Joe, Sam, Evan and Saunak. It was a hot day, at around 7 in the morning; we started from Kona Express Way which was selected as the common meeting point. The place was selected by Joe and we started following as we got that information that the place is not disturbed.

We continued via Kolaghat and the plan was to reach there via Kharagpur through NH-5. On NH-2 some Policemen queried our purpose to visit there as we were wearing riding gears which is not very much familiar to them. Also those places in Paschim Midnapur district were very much disturbed those days. We recommended by those Policemen to take a bypass via Chandrakona Road which was suggested as shortcut, and was true. After few kilometers in that bypass we stopped to have Samosa and GulabJamun as our breakfast. We continued then.

The day was getting hot and we were getting a little frustrated until we reach an unknown place of Lal Mati. It was beautiful and we started taking pictures here and there. Some Bridge construction was also going under which we enjoyed Koolfi.

Time to continue and to be killed by heat, then suddenly all frustration ended as we entered a Lush Green Jungle in Amlagora and Raskumbha areas. Now the actual journey started. However the heating was up. We continued photography and enjoyed the jungle too much.

It was really hot day for a ride. We end up with water and we started halting at different Petrol Pumps. Anyhow, we managed to reach Garbeta - Gangani by 2:30 pm and believe me all effort worth seeing the place. It was really Grand Canyon of West Bengal. Cashew trees, a River and Lal Mati. It was beautiful, simply beautiful.

We took a walk through the river and it was not deep at all. Sam did some lifetime burnout that we evidenced. We started return journey by 5 pm. This is how we bagged another bunch of memories.
suryajit
Site Admin

Re: Kolkata - Garbeta Gangani

Postby Ashoksh » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:31 pm

great,
next time plz inform me too.
Ashok Sharma
Ashoksh

Postby suryajit » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:19 pm

Sure, I'll. In face, during December, I'm planing for some weekend trips. I'll inform you on time :)
suryajit
Site Admin

Postby Ashoksh » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:09 pm

i am just waiting for yours call to start the engine
Ashok Sharma
Ashoksh

Return to Your Rides