TravelersAdda.com • View topic - Kolkata - Barjora Barrage

Kolkata - Barjora Barrage

Share your rides, bike trips etc here.

Kolkata - Barjora Barrage

Postby suryajit » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:42 am

A plan, initially, was to visit Bishnupur (Bankura) from Kolkata was on track and about to start on 5 am in the morning. But, lazy riders, including me, we put it on rack. The trip started at around 8 am, funny! Anyways, we continued then also. We planned to roll on to the point we could. So Barjora Barrage, on the way to Bishnupur was selected.

Few new faces, little adda, I with other xKmphians - Kaustav, Avik, Abhijeet, Suprabhat and DJ, started the game together. Avik introduced a new guy Suprabhat, a Royal Enfield owner and rider off course. Very soon we started the ride, we halted for a tea. It was a Riders’ Adda kind of place. Suprabhat was there, not to join the trip, but to introduce himself and to know us. It was kind of a trip where only I and Avik was old riders who had done trips together before.

It was altogether a different trip as from the beginning every plan started canceled. After having the tea, we started again where Suprabhat left us on next turn towards hos place. Suddenly this came into the seen that Avik also will be returning from Dugrapur due to some personal reason. So what else, It was clear that we had no choice to cancel this trip or make it to Barjora Barrage. Better to go with the second option.

We continued to NH2 up to Dugrapur and then took left towards Bishnupur. After riding on NH2, the black carpet, we suddenly entered Hell. The road condition was so bad to ride that we started feeling annoyed. But we knew about this situation and warned by Avik. He also told us that after around 5-7 kilometers the road condition will become good again, and that happened.

After few more kilometers, around 20 kilometers from Durgapur we entered a nicely maintained road through a dense Jungle. We started photography there and continued the ride to Barjora Barrage. We did not enjoyed the place too much, speaking truth, as we were getting late and the this was only a ODT (One Day Trip), we started our return journey.
suryajit
Site Admin

Re: Kolkata - Barjora Barrage

Postby Ashoksh » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:01 pm

i think it will be great if we try to add the dates of trip tooooo
Ashok Sharma
Ashoksh

Return to Your Rides