TravelersAdda.com • View topic - Kolkata - Mandarmuni

Kolkata - Mandarmuni

Share your rides, bike trips etc here.

Kolkata - Mandarmuni

Postby suryajit » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:38 am

Travelers never end up with any reason. Reason again made to ride in to touch Bay of Bengal, Mandarmuni this time. It was a little different than what we usually do; I and Avik was on motorbike and a car was also with us with 6 people, one couple AvikDa’s neighbors with a child, AvikDa’s better half SaswatiDi and with of her friends and the driver of the car. We started it at 6 am on morning from Dankuni on NH-6. AvikDa and I were in our usual color, riding our bikes. We continued to Kolaghat where we halted for a breakfast on at the first Dhaba on the left after crossing the Kolaghat Bridge. SaswatiDi suggested me to have only Roti and Tarka. I ignored her words and I hardly finished my breakfast at the Dhaba. But the tea served by them was very good. One can also visit Sheer-E-Punjab which is a little ahead from the Kolaghat Bridge.

We took few halts in between. From Kolaghat we turn left to Nandakumar around 40 kilometers and then right to Kantai which is about 50 more kilometers from Nandkumar. Then again we turn right and ride straight for 12 kilometers and then 3 kilometers after taking left from there to Mandarmuni.

We started looking for a hotel and fortunately many hotels were available. We booked 3 deluxe rooms at the beach. While guys in the car were looking for the hotel room, I and AvikDa went to the beach for a ride. There we saw a guy struggling with his Royal Enfield Electra starting problem and at the same time convincing his angry girlfriend. After his girlfriend left, we decided to help that guy and started pushing the beast to start and we created more problems to the guy by pushing the bike towards sea. However this was done unintentionally.

After having the lunch, we started enjoying the beach. It is a very beautiful and less crowded beach. However less crowed makes the beach more and more dangerous and it is recommended to follow the locals’ instructions.

The evening was also very beautiful. We spent the evening at the beach just behind the hotel’s premises. We finished out dinner at our rooms as room service was there.

Next early morning, I, AvikDa and SaswatiDi went to beach to see the sunrise. It was so beautiful to sea sunrise and fishermen at the same time. It was raining, a good time to rush in to the beach. We came back after having photography session with AvikDa only as SaswatiDi left photographer’s company before. Bath at beach, Ohh! It was great fun. We enjoyed the beach too much, had roasted crab at beach. After the bath session, we visited some local shops and market and did some shopping as well. Finally we headed towards Kolkata, again home-sweet-home! We started around 3 pm and I reached home (Bhadreswar) at around 7 pm. Low lights and heavy vehicles were making some problem for riding. Road was also not that favorable. Also I had 3 punctures and AvikDa as far I remember had one puncture. Thanks to the tubeless tyres which make the return possible without fixing it.

Finally another trip bagged, memories captured and life lived in our own way.
suryajit
Site Admin

Re: Kolkata - Mandarmuni

Postby suryajit » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:39 pm

The hotel was LIV SEA VALLEY.
suryajit
Site Admin

Return to Your Rides