TravelersAdda.com • View topic - Kolkata - Boronti, Purulia

Kolkata - Boronti, Purulia

Share your rides, bike trips etc here.

Kolkata - Boronti, Purulia

Postby suryajit » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:07 pm

14th Jan, 2012, once again we started a ride to Boronti – a lake surrounded by hills in Puruliya district in West Bengal. I with my friend Kaustav, started this ride at 7:30 AM in the morning on the coldest day of this winter till now. We started this from the very beginning of NH2, it was a 520 km round trip. I was on my FZ16 and Kaustav on his RTR 160 FI. It was reminding me of the Bike India issue published on November or December 2008, when these two bikes was on the Cover Page doing a wheelie.

We took our first halt at Saktigarh and had Langcha as usual with Puri Subzi. It was too cold but clear. The chilling wind made this trip so challenging and special. A Road side view becomes too beautiful during winters. All you have to do is to use proper riding gear for winter. The second halt was on Durgapur for a cup of hot tea which is very much required that time. I was trying to locate the place on map and find the way to reach there and started moving towards Asansol. From there it was around 30 more kilometers and the road to the place was beautiful and surrounded by nature. We asked some locals the way to reach there and misguided by some of them. Finally we managed to reach there.

By road, the place could be reached via Jharkhand. We covered 5 districts (Howrah, Hooghly, Bardhaman, Bankura and then Purulia) and two states (West Bengal and Jharkhand for a while). We reached the place and as usual photographed the moments and some landscapes. The plan was to stay one night there since riding in cold is not a good idea at all. But, Kaustav wanted to make this more adventurous and asked to back home. I also hold his words and agreed to return home by that day. The only challenge was chilling weather on NH2 cutting the fields and chances of facing dense fog.

We reached Asansol by 6 PM and had some food. Started from Asansol at 7 PM, we made halts on the same places where we halted in morning. The difference is we were moving slow and on each halt we added a layer of cloths to keep us warm. Finally I remembered the suggestion on Bike India’s issue to use newspaper and we asked a shopkeeper for a newspaper and add one more layer to our insulation. We back home by 12 in the night and the trip became too adventurous and we grabbed another bag of memorable moments – a chilling trip with hot memories.

Best time to visit during winters.

For booking you may contact
1. Mr. Chandan Kumar - Rai 9874887046 or Mr. Jeevan Mandal – 8001703373
2. Mr. S. N. Chaterjee - 9831429956
suryajit
Site Admin

Re: Kolkata - Boronti, Purulia

Postby manojit.pati » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:05 pm

Nice !!! I will go there again.
manojit.pati
Global Moderator

Return to Your Rides