• View topic - Our Great Escapade LadakhOnWheels :)

Our Great Escapade LadakhOnWheels :)

A place to plan a trip with other members of Travelers Adda or suggest places to visit. This is also a place to share ideas on new places, weekend destinations and all kind of travel tips.

Our Great Escapade LadakhOnWheels :)

Postby Joe Rocks » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:44 pm

It was itching me for long to register with TA and announce one hell of a news. Although i'm sure most are already aware of it. Thanks to the FB community page :) Sharing it here with the intention of tagging up many more like minded people..

Coming June we would riding to the highest motorable road on earth and beyond with few of my old partners in crime Suryajit Bhattacharya (Surya), Jitaditya Chaudhuri (Jeet) and many others.. The ride flags off from Delhi on 2nd June and the route is

Delhi(Nizamuddin Rly Stn) -> Pathankot -> Srinagar -> Drass -> Leh -> Pangong Tso -> Leh -> Leh -> KhardungLa/ Hunder/ Diskit -> Khardung La and so on... We would be back through Rohtang and cover Amritsar, Wagah enroute Delhi..

Approximate Expenses:
1>Travel ticket cost for self travel from origin stn to Delhi and from Delhi back in AC 3 tier Rs 3000

2>Bike Servicing, new tyres, clutch plates, cables misc,air filter etc Rs 5,000..

3> Riding gears, gloves, thermals, shoes (if you don't have already) Rs 4000..

4> Saddle bags, tank bags,camera equipments Rs 5000 (best idea would be to beg, borrow from friends or other riders, you can remove this cost component then)

5> Bike transporting to Delhi from origin stn Rs 4000 (inclusive of packing and luggage ) if you chose riding from your origin to Delhi you got to calculate the fuel expenses..

6>Total Distance from Delhi approximately 3000Kms and @ avg 30kmpl - Rs.76/ltr Rs 7600-7800..

7>Accomodation for 15 days 750/day - Rs 11250 ( This cost will be divided amongst all riders, so spilt as per one's convinience)..

8> Food and Drink cost (Expect no 5 star food and beverage) Rs 400/day x 15days Rs 6000..

9> Reserve cash fund : Rs 5000

I would suggest to keep ample cash at hand as not many places would have an ATM facility and forget about swiping your credit cards in places like Drass, Leh, Pangong etc..
Total Expenses: Rs 44000 approximately.

Joe Rocks

Return to Trip Ideas