TravelersAdda.com • View topic - Simultala - March 2008

Simultala - March 2008

Share all traveling experience and discussions where relaxation has taken as the key reason of traveling.

Simultala - March 2008

Postby manojit.pati » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:38 pm

Simultala is a hamlet in Jharkhanda. It is a famous as a health resort. In the past, people used to stay here for months. Now a days this place lost that glory because of increase in crime rate.

I read about the place somewhere from an old magazine. Few of my friends was interested and managed leave from their office to escape from the busy life !!!

Simultala, not a place with lots of sight seeing etc. It is still a virgin country with valleys and hillocks. Electricity is a problem here at this age. Mobile Phone signals are very weak to absent yourself. Here you can enjoy the “sound of silence”. You only sit back with your favorite book or enjoy a lazy walk through forest.

However, one can still visit nearby “Dheoghar”, “Jasidhi” and “Madhupur”.

Day 1
We catched Sealdah-Muzaffarpur fast passenger from Sealdah around 5.45 AM. The train was “so” packed up that standing was also very difficult. However, we managed two seats anyhow and uses those on rotation basis.

After a lots of signalling issue finally the train dropped us on Simultala Station around 2.00 PM. There was not much of time to search a place for night stay.

We were lucky enough to get a place nearby the station and almost without any cost !!! That was a guest house of some bank and the caretaker was ready to allocate us a room with only “Rs.200” for 2 nights !!! He and his wife was also agreed to cooking for us with a nominical cost.

After putting our luggage inside the room and taking a bath, we left for some snacks and also a round of the place. The small market was very mush interesting with variety of foods and it was cheap at the same time. Everybody should try “Chenarmurki, Langcha, Bundiya, Nimki, Ganthiya etc “ of this place. Bit different in content and taste. We spend the evening in a nearby tea-shop.

Day 2
The “village” morning was quite natural and pleasant here. You can feel the refreshing weather here and a lazy start of the day.

After taking a regular breakfast we leave for our lazy walk to “Lattu Pahar (hillock)”. That was just 1.5 km from the station. One can climb to “Lattu Pahar” named after the king “Lattu” (not sure about the history).

One can visit the “Rajbari” which is haunted now. After spending around 2 hrs inside the “Rajbari”, we moved towards the village and another walk to reach the guest house finally.

We spend rest of the day in the nearby tea shop with chatting with each other and also with local peoples. One thing that I must say that peoples here are very innocent, honest and frank in nature.

That was during the time of “Dol Purnima”. You can “try to realize” the beauty of “Full-Moon” from such a village with clear sky and with silence. That was something which I can not express through writing or any snap. I can realize my own, always.

manojit.pati
Global Moderator

Re: Simultala - March 2008

Postby kaustav.ganguly » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:58 am

Manojit da, seems the place is really an exciter. Looking forward to have lazy time over there....
kaustav.ganguly
Ghumakkar

Re: Simultala - March 2008

Postby suryajit » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:55 pm

Travelogue is nice ManojitDa. Exciting me to visit the place.
suryajit
Site Admin

Return to Lazy Travelers