TravelersAdda.com • View topic - Lonely Rider's Aravalli Ride

Lonely Rider's Aravalli Ride

Share your rides, bike trips etc here.

Lonely Rider's Aravalli Ride

Postby avik » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:30 pm

I must admit that I'm very lazy to write and these days not doing much riding also, so please forgive this old man for not being descriptive about this trip.
It was an one day ride covering 600+ kms Delhi-Jaipur-Sariska-Delhi. Started 5am and returned 10:30pm. This is all you would like to know...... for rest please check google map or @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/lonelyriders/ . Some of the pics containing micro blogs describing behind the scene stories!!!!

Last night before the ride, I heard the news that Shimla experienced it's first snowfall. Next morning I could feel the million pinches of chilled air all over my body. This photo was taken on NH8 on my way to Jaipur. After starting at 4am from Delhi after 100 kms I was forced to stop due to freezing temperature. This is one of the still taken when my heart was pumping hard to heatup the body.

Could not remember when I have wished to see the Sun so desperately. The first ray I could see on the top of the tops of the Aravalli range, parallel to NH8. As soon as it touched the highway, I look at the Sun - the source of life. I opened my gloves and helmet to touch the first ray of sun. My cracked lips with salty taste of blood wanted to suck the warmth and shivering finger tips trying to feel it. I gazed on my left to the Aravalli range, I will be riding you soon......

We did not encountered anything but some tractors loaded with stones. Yes some Blue Bulls crossed the roads few minutes back hardly bothering about us. We stopped by a 'Mandir' (Temple) and decided to have a quick photoshoot. The 'Pujari' (Priest) was quite surprised looking at our activity, he might be thinking some kind of circus we are doing. But honestly nothing beats the feeling of embracing the warmth of sunlight on a lonely stateway during winters. I opened my arms to cuddle with the chilled wind - kissing my face with the visor open.

Lets say CHEERS! I pointed my camera at the reflection on the visor. We were at one of the several photo breaks we took during our way back to Delhi. I can say Himalayan range specially in Sikkim can give you one of the best riding experience through hills but after Aravalli ride I must say YES! ON A LAZY WEEKEND, RIDING THROUGH ARAVALLI IS EQUALLY ENJOYABLE. At twilight on some unknown corner at the Aravalli's we said CHEERS!! for the camera. This shot was taken on the reflection at the visor of Saumitra 's helmet.

"Look at that man!!!" we shouted at each other "This is simply awesome, the best part of the ride". From my past experience of riding through Himalayan range, I can say that Aravalli riding is equally enjoyable with gentle curves and very moderate uphills. For new riders it could be a very good experience to break in and get the feel of twists and curves. On one such curve we could see the vast openness and the layer of hills of Aravalli range. Believe me that was an amazing feeling looking at the beauty of Aravalli at the magical lights of twilight.
avik
Global Moderator

Re: Lonely Rider's Aravalli Ride

Postby kaustav.ganguly » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:27 am

Teasure ta darun!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
kaustav.ganguly
Ghumakkar

Postby suryajit » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:44 pm

AvikDa, waiting since quite a long time :) :) :)
suryajit
Site Admin

Postby avik » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:43 pm

Don't blame me, uploading was not easy!
avik
Global Moderator

Return to Your Rides